Copy Course Requests in SPIRE
Blackboard Learn Course Request Overview
Please review the following information before you submit a Blackboard Learn course request in SPIRE.
- Only the primary instructor of record can request a Blackboard Learn course. Requests for courses are processed through SPIRE.
- You must have a Blackboard Learn-eligible class or classes. Review our eligibility information for an overview of criteria.
- You must request a Blackboard Learn course each term that you wish to use it. New course requests are necessary for each subsequent new term.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your Blackboard Learn course is ready to use. Wait to receive this email before opening your new course to set up your course tools or to add content.
- For information on enrolling students, TAs or co-instructors in a Blackboard Learn course, see Access to Blackboard Learn - Overview
Part 1: Choose Class Section(s) to include in a Blackboard Learn Course
- Select Faculty Home.
- Select Blackboard Learn Course Req. The Choose a Term page opens.
- You must fill out a separate request for each Blackboard Learn course you wish to request.
- If you have no Blackboard Learn-eligible classes for your selected term, you will not see the heading Class sections currently available for request:.
- Further down on the Choose Course Type page, under the heading Class sections already requested this term, is a list of the classes for which you already requested Blackboard Learn courses (if any).
On the Choose a Term page, select the academic term for which you want to request a Blackboard Learn course. The Choose Course Type page opens.
- On the Choose Course Type page, under Class sections currently available for request: is a list of your Blackboard Learn-eligible class sections for the selected term. Decide if you want to request a Blackboard Learn course for a single class section or combine multiple class sections into one Blackboard Learn course.
- On the Choose Course Type page, under How many class sections will this Blackboard Learn Course include?:
- Select One class section to request a Blackboard Learn course for a single class section.
Select Multiple class sections (combined in one Blackboard Learn course) to combine multiple-section or cross-listed class into a single Blackboard Learn course.
Click Continue. Depending on your choice the next page will be Choose a Class Section or Choose Class Sections to Combine.
On the Choose a Class Section or Choose Class Sections to Combine page:
- If you changed your mind about the number of class sections to include in your Blackboard Learn course, click Back to return to the Choose Course Type page.
- If you are requesting a single section course, select a class section and click Request single-section Blackboard Learn course.
- If you are requesting to combine multiple section or cross-listed classes into a single Blackboard Learn course, select the check boxes for all of the class sections that you want to include and click Request multiple-section Blackboard Learn course. A Confirmation page will open listing the class sections. Click Combine sections into one Blackboard Learn course, or, to change the sections to combine, click Back. 100The Describe Course Content & Submit page opens.
Part 2: Describe Course Content & Submit
- The top of the Describe Course Content & Submit page lists the class section(s) comprising your Blackboard Learn course request, followed by your contact information. Review this information to ensure it is correct.
- Under Course Content, select how you intend to set up your Blackboard Learn course (required).
(Click on the image to enlarge)
3. Use the Comments box to provide any additional information you might want to communicate to the Blackboard Learn administrators.
4. Click Submit. A Confirmation page opens.
Part 3: Confirm and Check Course Request Status
- The message on the Confirmation page displays the email address that the Blackboard Learn administrators will use to notify you when your course is ready to use. Expect the email message within three business days.
- To request another course for this semester, click Request Another Course.
- To check the status of your Blackboard Learn Course request, in the SPIRE Menu, go to Faculty Home > My Blackboard Learn Courses.