Create Discussion Thread
- To access the discussion board, click on the Discussions link on the course menu.
- On the Discussion Board page, click on the discussion forum in which you would like to participate.
- On the Discussion Forum page, click CreateThread.
- On the Create Thread Page, type the subject of your post, and then type your discussion post in the text editor box.
- The Text Editor allows you to manipulate the text just like a regular word processing program. Optionally, you can add multimedia to your post with the Mashups, images, and attachments buttons.
- Once you have completed your thread, click the Submit button in the lower right of the window.
Information about creating discussion threads from the student perspective can be found on the Creating Threads In A Discussion Forum Student Orientation and Resource page. Please share this resource with your students.