Create Letter Grade Column
Grade center columns have a primary and a secondary display. However, the secondary display is only visible to instructors. If you wish to show both a score and a letter grade, or a score and a percentage to students, you will need to create an additional column.
- Under Course Management, click on Grade Center, and select Full Grade Center.
- Hover over Create Calculated Column, and select Weighted Column.
- Enter a Column Name.
- Select Letter for Primary Display.
- Select the grade center column that holds the desired score, and click the right pointing arrow to add to Selected Columns area.
- Enter 100 for the % weight of this column.
- Click Submit.
- You will now see a column with letter grades corresponding to score values. If you wish to adjust how letter grades are assigned to numeric scores, see instructions on editing grading schemas. If you will be uploading grades to SPIRE, follow instructions to import grades to SPIRE.