Creating Group Assignments
Please note: In order to create Group Assignments, you must set up groups in your course first.
- Click on the Content Area where you would like to build the assignment.
- Click on Assessments on the Action bar, and select Assignment from the drop-down menu.
- On the Create Assignment page, type a Name and Instructions for the assignment. Optionally, add any attachments to the assignment.
- Optionally, add a due dates to the assignment.
- Type Points Possible, and associate any rubrics with the group assignment.
- In the Submission Details section, click the button next to "Group Submission" to make this a group assignment.
- Select groups in the Items to Select box, then click the right-facing arrow to move them into the Selected Items box.
- Select the number of attempts, and optionally have the group submission checked for plagiarism.
- In the Grading Options Section, choose whether or not to enable anonymous grading or delegated grading.
- In the Display of Grades Section, choose how to display primary and secondary grades. Optionally, include the assignment score in the Grade Center calculations, and choose whether or not to show students their grades in the My Grades area.
- Make sure that the checkbox next to "Make the Assignment Available" is checked off if you want the assignment to be available to students. Optionally, limit the availability of the group assignment by imputing dates and times into the Display After and Display Until areas.
- When you are finished, click Submit.