Creating a Link for Course Reserves
With the UMass Libraries Course Materials tool, it is possible to link your course to the DuBois Library's eReserves system. By doing so, you can ensure your students have easy access to a variety of library resources. See instructions for navigating the area's menu.
To add a link to the library's eReserves from your Blackboard Learn course, follow the steps below.
- Log into Blackboard, enter your course, and access the content area where you'd like to place the link.
- Hover over the Tools button and select UMass Libraries Course Materials. The Create Link page appears. (PLEASE NOTE that this tool may appear further down the Tools list than is indicated by the screenshot below. If you do not see the tool, try scrolling all the way down and clicking More Tools. You will then find the Course Materials tool in the expanded list.)
- Change the Link Name if needed.
- Set the link options accordingly. Click Submit. (PLEASE NOTE: adding a description to this link will cause the tool to malfunction.)
The Course Reserves link appears in the Content Area.
- Click the link that was just created. Select the course's semester and click Create Course.
The Course Reserves system appears in Blackboard.
Information about Course Reserves from the student perspective can be found on the Course Reserves page of the Library website. Please share this resource with your students.