Creating a Rubric
Rubrics can be created using the Rubric Tool, and then can be used many different places in your Blackboard Learn course. Once you create a rubric, it can be used in discussion forums, written assignments, blogs, journals, wikis, and written test questions, such as essays.
To create a rubric within the Rubric Tool, follow these steps:
- On the Course Menu, expand the Course Tools section, and select "Rubrics".
- On the Rubrics Page, click "Create Rubric".
- On the Create Rubric page, type a name for the rubric, and optionally add a description.
- In the Rubric Detail section, add columns and rows as desired, and optionally change the name for each column or row.
- Type requirements or qualifications into each box.
- Optionally, adjust the scoring for each column and row, but make sure that the total weight adds up to 100%.
When you are finished creating your rubric, click Submit.