Creating a Sign-up Sheet Using a Wiki
You can use a Wiki in Blackboard to create a sign-up sheet that students can use to sign-up for assignment topics, office hours or to complete a schedule. A Wiki is a page or set of pages that can be viewed and edited by students. When using a wiki to create a sign-up sheet, we recommend that you always create the sign-up sheet on the first page of the Wiki.
To create a wiki for a sign-up sheet complete the following steps.
- Go to the Course Control Panel menu and click on Course Tools.
- Click on Wikis at the bottom of the list.
- An area to create a wiki will open. Click on Create Wiki.
- In the Wiki Information area: Give the Wiki a name and write out the Instructions for the sign-up list.
- In the Wiki Date and Time Restrictions area: Click Yes to make the wiki available or fill in specific dates for the wiki to be available (dates are optional).
- In the Wiki Participation area: Set the Student Access to Open to Editing and set the Student Comment Access to Closed to Commenting.
- In the Wiki Settings area click No grading.
- Click Submit.
- Open the Wiki by clicking on the Name you gave it in step 4.
- In the Wiki Page Content area enter a name for the wiki content.
- In the Content editing area, create your sign-up list using a table or list format.
- Submit when done.
Students will be able to see this sign-up sheet when they go to the Wiki and can then click on the Edit Wiki Content button in order to write on the sign-up sheet.