Embed a YouTube Video into Blackboard
These instructions cover how to embed YouTube videos into a Content Area. If your video is not able to be embedded because there is no embed code you can simply link to it by copying the video's URL and creating a Web Link to the address.
- Locate the video on YouTube.
- Click the Share button below the video. This will open a sharing menu.
- Click the Embed button on the sharing menu.
- Copy the embed video code by clicking the COPY button in the lower right of the window.
- Log into your course and navigate to the course area where you'd like to embed the video. Click the Build Content button in the upper-left to open a drop-down menu.
- Click on Item (from the Build Content menu).
- Enter a name for the video in the name textbox.
- Click on the HTML Code Button in the Text editor. This will open the HTML code window.
- Paste the embed code you copied from YouTube into the HTML Code Window box.
- Click the Update button in the lower right.
- Click the Submit button to add the video to your course.
Press the Play button to view the video.
Information on embedding YouTube videos from the student perspective can be found on the Sharing Your YouTube Video Student Orientation and Resource page. Please share this resource with your students.