When an assignment is created in Blackboard, a grade column is automatically created in the Grade Center. This makes reviewing and grading assignment submissions in the Grade Center easy to do. Assignments that have been submitted, but have not been graded, are indicated with a yellow exclamation mark.
Depending on your grading style, you can access and grade each assignment individually, view all submissions for one assignment, or view all of the assignments with submissions that need grading.
Grading Assignments Video:
To grade an assignment from the Needs Grading Page:
- On the Control Panel, expand the Grade Center section, and click “Needs Grading”.
- Click on the Action Link beside the assignment submission that you wish to grade.
- Click “Grade All Users” to access the first submission.
- Enter a grade and feedback, then click Submit.
To grade an assignment attempt from the Full Grade Center:
- On the Control Panel, expend the Grade Center section, and click “Full Grade Center"
- In the Grade Center, locate the cell for the student’s assignment containing the exclamation mark.
- Click on the Action Link beside the exclamation mark to access the drop-down menu.
- Select Attempt.
- On the Grade Assignment page, enter a grade for the student with optional feedback and grading notes.
- Click Submit.