Set Up Grading Categories
Grading Categories allow you to group grade center columns. Blackboard automatically assigns categories based on the tool that was used. For example all assignments will be placed in the Assignments category. However, if you have short papers and long papers both using the assignments tool you can create two separate categories for easier grade calculation.
- In the course management section of the course menu, click Grade Center.
- Select Full Grade Center.
- Hover over Manage, and select Categories.
- Click Create Category.
- Enter a Name for the category, and click Submit.
- Continue to add categories as needed.
- Click OK in the lower right corner.
- Hover over Manage, and select Column Organization.
- Check the box next to the grade center columns that you want to assign to one of the newly created categories.
- At the bottom of the screen, hover over Change Category to, and select the desired custom category.
- Continue to assign columns to categories as needed.
- Once all columns have the desired category, click Submit.