Viewing SafeAssign Originality Reports
When instructors create a SafeAssign assignment, they and their students are able to view the SafeAssign Originality reports.
- To view the SafeAssign Originality Report, access the assignment submission through either the Needs Grading Page or Full Grade Center.
- Note: To view information on how to grade Assignments, click here: Grading Assignments
- Note: To view information on how to create SafeAssignments, click here: Creating SafeAssignments
- On the Grade Assignment Page, you are able to view the overall percentage match for the assignment submission.
- Expand the SafeAssign Tab and click "View Originality Report" to view the detailed report for this assignment.
- On the SafeAssign Originality Report, you can view the total percentage match, the matching passages which are highlighted, and the sources for each highlighted passage.
- Blackboard suggests that the total percentage match be used as a warning or guide for instructors. It is up to you to determine whether or not the student has plagiarized. The following percentages can be used as guidelines:
- Scores 15% or below: there is no evidence of plagiarism.
- Scores 15%-40%: there is extensive use of quotes in the paper. Make sure to check each matching passage to make sure it is properly attributed. If not, plagiarism may be involved.
- Scores 40% or over: it is probable that the student has plagiarized while writing this paper. Be sure to check over the entire paper for plagiarism and make sure that quoted sections are properly attributed.
- You can print the SafeAssign Originality Report using the print icon at the upper right-hand corner of the report.
- Once you have finished viewing the report, you can close out of the report.