short description here
BO: Patrick Masson
PO: Patrick Masson
TO: Tim Lambert
SM: Stefanie Henderson
4.4.11: This project is on hold until further discussions arise.
3.8.11: After meeting with OIT we decided to integrate Bb Vista as a service provider and tie it to the UMA service provider. This requires the install of a Apache Commond Codec and Shibboleth Integration .jar files.
4.8.11: The path to integrate Bb Vista requires the install of a .jar file (proxytool) that turns Bb Vista into a service provider.
15.8.11: Opened a Heat ticket with UITS and provided .jar files for installation on tst.umassonline.net
16.8.11: .jar files were installed on tst.umassonline.net which has also been tested for functionality.
16.8.11: Emailed OIT for IdP information.
- 2011.07.22 - Identity Management Meeting
- 2011.12.12 Inter-campus IdM Conference Call
- IdM (Identity Management) Storytelling
- IdM Meeting 11-3-11
- InCommon Shibboleth Workshop Series
- UITS Oracle Identity Management
- May 25-27, 2011*: InCommon Advance CAMP: Identity Services Summit III (Westminster, Colorado)
- June 16, 2011*: NERCOMP EVENT Identity Management - Oh, the Places You Will Go!
- June 21-23, 2011*: InCommon CAMP: Hot Topics in Identity and Federated Identity Management (Columbus, Ohio)
- July 21, 2011 (IdP), July 22, 2011(SP)*: InCommon Shibboleth Workshop Series (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
UMass nor UMassOnline currently provides a federated identity management system for authentication across the system (e.g. single-log-in, or single-sign-in) or groups and permissions (authorization). UMassOnline, in order to assess options for both authentication and authorization across the system and among the growing number of disparate academic technologies now in use within online teaching and learning, has begun investigating IdM options.
- A nifti:proposal for a poof of concept was provided by Unicon (Dan Barber, Unicon Sales). Unicon is of interest due to Andrew Petro's employment and his expertise with CAS and Shibboleth.
- Blackboard Vista integration can be found on the Oscelot site. http://projects.oscelot.org/gf/project/wctshib/
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 integration information can be found in the Blackboard Help for Administrators. http://library.blackboard.com/ref/df5b20ed-ce8d-4428-a595-a0091b23dda3/Content/_admin_app_system/admin_app_security_shibboleth_integration.htm
During the 2011 Jasig Conference several contacts with campuses running CAS and Shibboleth were made and may provide some guidence for UMass and UMassOnline's efforts toward federated identify management.
- Marvin Addison, Virgina Tech
Arizona Tri-University Identity Federation
- Mike Wiseman, University of Toronto
Mgr. Security Administration
- Eric Dalquist, UW-Madison
uPortal Framework Technologist