- Welcome (participants) to latest UMassOnline Speaker Series event: The Power of Partnering Together - Creating Synergy Between Enrollment and Technology Departments That Transforms Performance
- Background on the Observatory and objective of the Speaker Series
- Today's Speaker:
- Valerie Claire Haven is an adjunct faculty and staff at the University of Massachusetts. She teaches graduate courses in accessibility and inclusive learning in online education for both UMass and the University of Southern Maine.
- Valerie also does consulting on accessibility issues related to technology and pedagogy for technologically-mediated instruction.
- Her primary interests and work relate to supporting faculty and staff to integrate assistive technology into their courses as easily as possible.
- Valerie’s career in assistive technology and on-line learning began in 2001 when she was hired to support the start-up of a new distance-based graduate program at UMass.
- She is an avid user of all types of assistive technology and develops toolkit suites to support learners with various disabilities and diverse learning styles taking on-line courses.
- While she is passionate about technology in general, her real interest is in helping faculty and support staff find and select the right technologies to support the learning objectives of their courses. Valerie is also the 2010 recipient of the Sloan Consortium President’s Special Award for Outstanding Achievement by An Individual in the Field of On-line learningSpeakers:
- Bill Hampton currently serves as the Associate Vice President for Marketing and Enrollment Management at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide.
- Becky L. Vasquez is the Chief Technology Officer at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Worldwide.
- John R. Watret was named Embry-Riddle’s Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer for the Worldwide Campus.
- This presentation will run until approximately 11 am. Questions and answers will follow until 11:30.
- The event will be recorded and made available within the Speaker Series section in the Observatory
- If tweeting about the event, please use the following hashtag: umassonline
- We will serve a light lunch following the event in the Bristol Conference Room, which is right next door.
- Thank you and Welcome (XX): Thank and Welcome XX to the podium